LEI, Inc. is able to recycle elemental mercury. Because elemental mercury is distilled for reuse in its current state, it does not have to be classified as a waste – so managing as a hazardous waste is not required.
We can accept elemental mercury in a variety of containers for distillation. Large or small quantities can be shipped to us for recycling. LEI, Inc. can arrange for transportation or generators can use one of our mail-in kits.
Elemental Mercury Services
- Complete Recycling/Reuse of Elemental Mercury
- Container Service Available (76lb Flasks, Metric Ton Containers)
- Mail-In Program with labels, container and recycling service
- Cost-Effective Recycling Solutions
- Mercury can be shipped in any DOT approved container for distillation
Properties of Elemental Mercury
- Boiling Point – 357 °C
- Melting Point -39 °C
- Solubility – Very slightly soluble in water (0.002 g/100 mL at 20 °C)
- Odor – Odorless
- Vapor Density – 6.9 (air = 1.0)
- Vapor Pressure – 0.0012 mmHg at 20 °C
- Flash Point – Noncombustible